Grower Finance is a unique way of financing registered/(bonafide) growers/farmers of sugarcane, cotton and rice(mills). The special characteristic is that the financing facilities are extended to farmers against the Mill/Factory guarantee. Fixed/floating charge may be created on the Mill’s assets and the loan is disbursed directly to the growers. This finance is short term in nature but the tenure may extend to eighteen months in case of growers of sugarcane.
- The grower should have his account opened in MCB Branch
- The BOD of the Mill should pass a resolution for financing request addressed to MCB Bank
- The charge over the assets of the company is created
- KYC requirements are complete
- Growers crop is hypothecated
- Repayment of the loan is linked with crop harvesting