Mahigeri Finance caters to the credit needs of fishermen covering entire range of activities including marketing of their produce. The loans are of short, medium and long term depending upon the purpose. Financing for value addition process by the fishermen and the like items as per SBP list of eligible items is also covered. All farmers/fishermen engaged in non-farm activity related to fisheries are encouraged to avail financing facilities. The loan requirement & tenor of finance depends upon the purpose and life of the project. Mahigeri is a growing sub sector of agri economy and holds immense business potential. The marine & inland fisheries are constantly focus of SBP/Govt in view of promising prospects which can be translated in the form of highly value added exports given the vast resources available at sea & land. Employment opportunities are high if the sector is developed on modern lines. The dynamics of mahigeri are different in terms of its nature of operations and its produce/catch.
- The purpose/project should be viable whether for marine or inland fish farming.
- Should meet all documentation formalities.
- Fisherman/farmer should be experienced and already in the business of fish catch/cultivation/processing.
- The loan requirement & tenor of finance depends upon the purpose and life of the project.
- The intending borrower should be able to offer adequate security, acceptable to the bank.
- Financing can also be considered for value addition processes.