All MCB Visa Chip & PIN Debit, Credit and Lite Cards are now powered by the innovative 3D Secure Program. This added layer of protection secures E-commerce transactions against cyber theft by allowing transactional authentication via a special messaging protocol, ensuring peace of mind when you carry out online transactions.
Advantages Of 3D Secure
How do I use my 3D Secure Card?
Customers can use their 3D Secure Cards at Domestic & International websites where accepted, by following these steps:
Visit any E-commerce website that accepts 3D Secure payments and make your online purchases
Once you have proceeded to the checkout stage, enter your card information in the payment form
A 6 digit One Time Password (OTP) will be generated and sent you via SMS / Email on your registered contact number / email address
Enter this OTP in the payment form to authorize your transaction and complete the payment
Note: Customers will not receive a One Time Password if their transaction is carried out at Non-3D Secure Merchants.
How to make your eCommerce experience even safer!
- If you do not frequently use your card online for financial transactions, it is highly recommended to keep your card deactivated for online use. You can easily enable/activate the card for online use by calling the MCB Contact Center (111-000-622)
- It is advised not to use your card on any website that does not show the lock sign and make sure the website's address starts with "https://" rather than just "http://", where the "s" stands for secure
- Remember - If you have not initiated the phone call, then don't give out your card number. Identity thieves often call and claim to be from an organization you trust
- Do not share your card information, especially the card number, card holder name, card expiry date and 3 digit CVV code (on the back of the card) either verbally (especially in public places) or in typed, hand written or via image
- Always check the email address of incoming emails inquiring about your card or asking you to click on any link to provide card information. Never click links or respond to links from unreliable/suspicious sources
- Never ever post picture(s) of your card on any social media website/app/platform
- Never use unsecured or public Wi-Fi networks for conducting online transactions with your card
- Please do not share your transaction PIN (One Time Password) with anyone